Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blah, blah, black sheep..

'We only interpret pain - really feeling it would shake us so badly to our core that we'd be too afraid of the world.'

Do you know what my brain might be looking like right this moment? No, not a pile of mush. Yeah, like it has meningitis. My health teacher thinks it's funny to mess with people who have hypochondriac tendencies apparently. But when she says the first sign is a sore, almost like a bruised, swelling feeling in your neck and that's what I woke up with this morning, well it's a little scary. So let's all hope my brain doesn't look like a hardened bowl of meningitis. And even if it did, the only way to test for it is a lumbar spinal tap. Do you think I'm going to let a needle touch my spine? Or any part of me for that fact? No freaking way.

Anyways, today was a better day - Murphy keeps on piling the homework on (which is suprising to me, because he's always been one of those teachers who more just doesn't really teach) but I'm keeping up with it. Barely.

No time for photography today. :( I promise to devote my weekend to it though!

Going back to health, we also talked about seizures. Harlan mentioned how some people have silent ones, where they'll stare off and suddenly get up and walk somewhere before zoning back in without even knowing what happened. My question is what about the rest of us who just disappear for a few moments? Or even longer moments? I don't mean literally disappear, but are doing something and then about five minutes later snap back into it doing the same thing, but with no recollection of thoughts or anything. Miniseizures perhaps? Explosions of neurons happening everyday? If so, is that good or bad for you brain? I don't really know, I just like to go on a tangent with some of my ideas.

Oh, and then in Debate, we watched the State of the Union. Not exactly my cup of tea, but we had to take notes so I paid attention. I was impressed - mainly because with how many Obama haters there are out there, he did a pretty good job of addressing the bad things, but also offering ways to fix it and confirmations of reformations of certain systems coming up, etc. I especially liked the fact that he mixed the parties; lately people are more focused on what party they're in rather than what they're doing to move our society forward. No matter which party you belong to, the parties are going to have to work together to move forward. We're watching the rest of it on Friday, so we'll see if my opinion changes by then.

Something that irked me about it, though? People are so disrespectful. I don't care if YOU don't like him; he's trying and has done a better job than some so just keep your opinions to yourself. If they would have had a legitimate arguement with his speech, then heck yeah, I would have loved to hear it, but no, all I heard was them bashing him for being 'stupid' or having 'no idea'. Seeing as he's the one standing up there, I'm pretty sure he has more of an idea than you.

Well, have a nice night - don't let those pesky bed bugs bite. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment